Billing and Coding
Paperwork vs. Patient Care
Medical billing is perhaps the most burdensome activity for any medical office, from solo practitioners to large practices with central billing departments.
As insurance products and payer rules become increasingly complex, physicians are required to spend more of their time and resources on billing and claims. But paperwork should never take precedence over patient care.
SmartCareMD provides accounts receivable policies and procedures that are proven to maximize practice revenues and improve cash flow. Our medical billing team members are experts in primary care, specialty care, and multi-platform claims submission, collections and coding.They can assist with HIPAA compliance and alleviate the operational impact of excessive claim denials.
- Reduced administrative load
- Increased administrative efficiency
- Improved cash flow
- Improved patient satisfaction and quality scores
- Improved practice bottom line
- Contract analysis
- Electronic charge capture
- Billing audits by certified coders
- Claim scrubbing
- Electronic claims submission and reconciliation
- Electronic remittance and payment posting
- Account follow-up and denial management
- Key billing metrics, including tracking of days in accounts receivable, receivables over 90 days and denial management